Daniel Owen provides training seminars on marine law to both lawyers and non-lawyers.
His training is designed to help:
- those who are new to the marine scene and in need of a concise introduction to the law
- those who feel confused about the latest laws and regulations and need some clarity
- those who already know the marine scene but want to get up to speed on some specialist areas
If you think some training would be useful for you or your organisation, please get in touch with Daniel Owen to discuss your needs.
Examples of subjects covered by training seminars:
- international law of the sea, including the territorial sea, exclusive economic zone (EEZ) and continental shelf
- EU environmental law, including the Marine Strategy Framework Directive
- marine protected areas, including Marine Conservation Zones and Natura 2000 sites
- fisheries, including domestic law, the EU’s Common Fisheries Policy and international law
- marine planning under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009
- marine licensing
This major work on the EU Common Fisheries Policy, written by Daniel Owen and Robin Churchill, addresses the CFP from a legal perspective. Read more
‘The book is an authoritative account of the European Union’s common fisheries policy (CFP) and an essential reference work… There is no better authority on the regulation of EU fisheries’
Jill Wakefield, Warwick School of Law, Common Market Law Review, 2011